The Senate is the supreme governing body of the Military Academy “Alexandru cel Bun”, which is elected for a term of five years in accordance with the Regulation on occupying teaching positions and leadership and electing leading bodies in higher education institutions from Moldova approved by the Decision of Council of Ministry of Education of 19/03/96 nr.24.4.3.
The Senate is empowered to:
- approves internal regulations in accordance with the law;
- organizes and carries out jobs contests for teaching and research positions and submit the Superior Attestation Commission of the Republic of Moldova (SAC) for conferring titles lecturer and superior scientific researcher, awards the title of “doctor honoris cause;
- presents SAC the list of specialists, that will organize the training of the doctoral and postdoctoral of scientific staff, as well as specialized university position;
- approves curricula and potential changes in agreement with the Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Education;
- approves the conclusion of interuniversity cooperation and initiates university international relations on the scientific, and teaching area, etc.
- annually considers and approves the commander’s (rector) report on institution’s activity, confirms teaching and research’s, technical and administrative subdivisions reports, as well as Administration Council’s, admission and graduation exam results;
- approves the schedule of studying process for all specialties. Senate resolutions are adopted by majority vote of the present members, provided that their number is at least two thirds of all members.